I just rolled into, “this thing”, 10 years ago
& I still frickin’ LOVE it until this day!
The internet is the best thing that ever happened to me. Really! It helps me to better understand the world we live in and learn as much as I can, as fast as I can. I stopped watching television, first the news, than the rest and used that time to discover as much as possible in the online world.
As a marketer, I’m particularly good in simplifying very complex challenges to it’s core, in order to come up with a full approach bottom-up plan, even to the level of business strategy, in a digital-first & ever changing world. This might be a one-off plan or a process depending on its complexity, hence the start of using my own terminology of this process; Digital Pathfinding.
Every week, I share snippets which are a part of a digital pathfinding way to life & business.
Subscribe & don’t miss out.
I use to blog on DriesBultynck.be but that domain is gone now.
If you want to get a bit of background of what I did on a tactical level a few years ago,
feel free to download the unfiltered +150 articles here.
A bit more story:
I can’t describe how wide I like to think & write about stuff. Some call it Strategy, others marketing, others business. I just write stuff I’m intrigued by. That’s it. I like to play around with Data and random stuff. I happen to find Retail (SMCG, FMCG & E-commerce in general) & Peoples’ and thus end-consumers’ behaviour fascinating. I’m online 247365. Why? Because I can.
by day, I work as a Digital Pathfinder/Full-stack marketer @ Wijs in Ghent, Belgium.
I strive to become the partner / right-hand of retailers,
by helping them connecting the dots between their data
& their online and offline presence,
in order to deliver the best customer experience possible,
keeping in mind how the market works/acts and how people behave.
Short: I solve problems in Retail, SMCG, FMCG and E-commerce in general with customer intelligence, marketing analytics, concepts & tactics in a digital-first world
The long story:
This is Why I Do What I Do
The awareness grows why companies need an expert, mainly for three reasons:
- To help them set up and fill in the process for growth, without putting the daily way of working in danger
- To help them think differently about concepts and tactics, mainly execution in order to land on marketing communication, strategy and business eventually
- To help them build a better (independent, if possible) digital(-first) team and eventually company
Inbound/Online or Digital Marketing is great, but there is so much more to it.
It is only the surface you’re scratching! Drop the digital as it is just the way marketing evolves.
A big sublayer to make all of this work, is IT.
So, the biggest impact is made at the core, with the team!
On the technical part of things: You haven’t build enough!
If the core is well build, the rest is
& better repeatable.
Wouldn’t it be great to build an (infra)structure,
that is the core of unlimited Commercial possibilities,
anticipating & embracing the digital transformation that is going on right now?!
I can help you & your team to build this.
I can show you how to connect the dots,
between your customers and your multi-channel/omni-channel experience,
to ensure infinite Commercial possibilities & growth,
by serving clients a better experience by building convenience.
This sketch below is just a modest interpretation of an unlimited & infinite loop of Commercial Possibilities. By using data & using a bottom up approach, the practicality will bubble up as a inside-out transformation into a digital(-first) team, department and eventually company.
Why This is the Solution for ANY Digital Centered Company
- This will help you discover new online & offline business opportunities
- This will help you translating those opportunities in a strategy and matching tactics informed, backed & driven by data
- This will help you to set up the best e-commerce website with the focus on Conversion Architecture
backed by my experience in traffic generation, lead generation & conversion optimization
- From this obvious insights, your team will learn how today’s marketing works, in detail & hands-on with a strong focus on customer retention first!
You should check out some of my work on behalve of Wijs.
How I Do What I Do
I have a different approach than other people in the field. I’d like to start with an inside-out approach. Getting comfortable with the team, discovering the needs at the first row is the best thing to do. I start from there and work, with the team, on the way up. Working in-house has so much more benefits if it comes to getting to know the organization, the team, the way of working and also everything that sets you back in any way.
Evangelizing, Coaching, Educating and Leading teams are my favorite things to do. I work with the mental model called OKR (Objectives & Key Results) because the bottom line is what counts. It helps to keep focus. It helps planning and prioritizing and much more.
What I Do
The value I bring to your company or project: the possibility to translate strategic decisions into execution with the matching data and metrics to follow up the progress. I’m a bottom up kinda guy and reach up to business strategy if allowed. I have an in-depth knowledge in Analysis of data (Descriptive Analytics), Conversion optimization, traffic (re)generation, e-mail marketing and referral & loyalty programs. I can move the needle in a shorter or longer period of time, step by step. I always think in function of growth & get my hands dirty with the team, with my understanding of digital, business, data and consumer behaviour as my strongest assets.
I can also be your external advisor to help you make difficult decisions or that second opinion you need to convince your management. Evangelizing, Coaching, Educating and Leading teams are my favorite things to do. I work with the mental model called OKR (Objectives & Key Results) because the bottom line is what counts. I’ll choose retention before acquisition most of the time!
I’m brutally honest & have the possibility to pull some strings you might not want to hear about your business. Remember, I’m just trying to help you.
In short: I’m a strong all-rounder with a mindset for moving the needle.
I Excel in an Agile hybrid team focusing on Growth & OmniCommerce with Marketing Technology (You’ll definitely need IT!).
If your data is a core asset & you’re able to think Big,
You should Contact me, Today ➟
- +10 Years experience in Brand & Image building
- +10 Years experience in E-commerce & CRM (Data-driven segmentation)
- +10 Years experience in SEO : Research to tactics, (Technical) Consultancy, Training & more
- +10 Years experience in (Web & business) Analytics
- +10 Years experience in Data-driven Conversion & Analytics Architecture
- +10 Years experience in Online Advertising & Consultancy (Google Adwords , LinkedIn , Facebook , YouTube, Bing, …)
This is How I Roll
I draw. _a lot_!
Lateral thinking fan.
Below, I’m giving a SEO training. No slides. Just whiteboard & a boardmarker. Let’s go!
Some of my projects
- Digital Analytics for Digital Marketing Post Graduates at HoGhent
- First Official Google Analytics User Conference in Belgium – checkout the slides here
- E-commerce rapport 2016-2017 – Het jaar van de kameleonsites (Dutch)
- Why You Should Shift Your Budgets From Adwords To Facebook (Dutch)
- Data Warehouse as the next step in CRM (Dutch)
- E-commerce Rapport 2015 – 2016 (Dutch)
- Big Data & Choosing a CRM system (Dutch)
- How to start with e-mail marketing? (Dutch)
- “Het jaar van de digitale tolk” for Online Trendrapport 2015 (Dutch)
- De beste SEO tools volgens 40 experten (Dutch)
- [Book] Digitaal Marketingplan in 100 dagen (revisie) (Dutch) – dank aan @ibert
- E-commerce in China (Dutch)
- Keyword research for every e-commerce website (Dutch)
- The Ripple Effect Has Begun for Online Trendrapport 2014 (Dutch)
- Thank You Google For Not Provided (Dutch)
- Inschrijvingen nieuwsbrief verhogen met +10% in enkele weken (Dutch)
- Interview with Christian Slagter (Dutch) about Content Marketing (Dutch)
- “Het Speel Kwartier Is Voorgoed Voorbij” for Online Trendrapport 2013 (Dutch – iPad app)
- How To Use Google Suggest With Your Own Google Analytics Data for SearchEnginePeople.com
- How to turn Your OWN keyword data in a hands-on Kick-ass QDF & Profit Content Strategy for SearchEnginePeople.com
- 58 Marketing Tips for Karel Geenen (Dutch)
- Klikbudget in functie van leads & omzet (Dutch)
- “De speeltuin van de marketing afdeling wordt groter” for Online Trendrapport 2012 (Dutch)
- Strategisch inzetten van Meta Data (Dutch)
- Sociale relevantie (Dutch)
I’ll contribute, if I can.
Just contact me.
- I’m interested in everything what stands for growth, in the broad sense of the word
- I’m fascinated by people & who’ve build or are building out something cool & their story
(compagnies, products, …)
- I LOVE crate digging & electronic music, running a label myself as well (check Facebook too).
- I really can appreciate the warmth of an honest analog vinyl record
- I almost never say no to a good glass of red wine
- I’ve got a weakness for extreme sports, breakdancing & café racer motorcycles
- I love the night more than the day
What I did before
- Mar 2012 – present: Senior Online Marketing Consultant + Head knowledge sharing
- Feb 2011 – Feb 2012 : Online Marketing Consultant – Netlash-bSeen
- Sept. 2010 – Feb. 2011: Online Marketing Consultant – bSeen
- 2008 – Aug. 2010: SEO Consultant – Optimizer bvba (Responsable for internal knowledge academy)
- 2006 – 2008: Website development & Front-end – IDcreation nv
- 2005 – 2006: DTP & Flash websites – Studio Boa (Professional Photostudio)
- 2003 – 2004 : Teacher (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Excel, Word, Acces & initiation PC & internet)
- 2000 – 2003 : Bachelor Multimedia & Communication Technology